The following rules have been developed by Boone County 4-H Club, Inc. and must be observed by everyone using the 4-H facilities.
Facility Personnel: The facility staff are there to serve you in accordance with the 4-H policies. The facility manager may be contacted at 765-894-3374(cell)
- SCHEDULING THE FACILITIES: The facilities of the Boone County 4-H Fairgrounds must be scheduled through Boone County 4-H Club, Inc. c/o Purdue Cooperative Extension Office, 1300 E 100 S, Lebanon, IN 46052, 765-482-0750, during regular business hours – 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Lessees may schedule up to 12 months in advance. Lessees have 15 days from conclusion of a rental to reserve the facility for the following year to receive a preference for a time period. First priority will be given to Boone County 4-H Club, Inc., and Purdue Extension Service.
- CANCELLATIONS: The Extension Office must be notified of any cancellation at least two (2) weeks prior to the activity date. Cancellations after two (2) weeks prior to the activity date will be subject to a cancellation fee. Waiver of the fee because of emergency (i.e. weather) is at the discretion of the Facilities Manager.
- COMPLIMENTARY USE: No Charge will be made to the following groups using the 4-H facilities: Boone County 4-H Club, Inc. Cooperative Extension Organizations, Extension Homemakers and Boone County Commissioners.
Other organized Boone County non-for-profit youth groups (youth groups that organize at least annually with duly elected officers) will not be charged unless these groups make a charge, accept donations or use the facilities for a moneymaking project. All groups are expected to observe all rules in connection with the use of the building and rental agreements need to be signed. All waivers for such groups must be made in writing at the time the request is made and must be made AT LEAST one (1) month prior to the activity date.
- FACILITIES: The FARM BUREAU COMMUNITY BUILDING has approximately 60 tables and 550 folding chairs available for use by leasing groups. The community building also has a commercial (at current rental fee) and demonstration kitchen(at no charge) available. ANNEX has approximately 15 tables and 120 chairs, a non- commercial kitchen and rest rooms. Set up and taking down of tables and chairs in appropriate racks are the responsibility of the lessee.
- DEMONSTRATION KITCHEN: The appliances in the Demonstration Kitchen are provided through the courtesy of the Boone County R.E.M.C. This kitchen is available for use at no charge with rental of the Dining Room. This equipment shall be treated with care. Please contact the facility personnel for operational instructions.
- FOOD SERVICE: Lessees may provide their own food, assuming they are not using a caterer, food service provider, or other commercial food service and not using the Commercial Kitchen. ALL other food service is to be provided by an approved caterer/food service provider. THE CATERER/FOOD SERVICE PROVIDER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING ALL CATERING FEES.
- CHAPERONES: Youth using the building must be properly chaperoned and supervised within the building and on the grounds. Ratio is 1 ADULT (over 21) to every 10 children (under 21).
CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED
- EXTRA ELECTRICAL WIRING that may be required for the lessee’s use of the facility will be at the lessee’s expense and must be done by the 4-H building electrician.
- CLEAN UP: All persons using the 4-H facilities must return facilities to the original state of cleanliness after use. All garbage, rubbish and waste must be disposed of in a clean, safe, and legal manner. If not cleaned to the satisfaction of the 4-H facility manager, a fee may be charged/withheld for the cleaning.
- DAMAGES: Lessee shall maintain the facilities and the personal property that are rented in a safe and sanitary condition; use and operate all electrical fixtures and plumbing fixtures properly. The lessee will be held financially responsible for all repairs/replacements incurred during the term of the lease. All damage or loss of personal property provided by the lessee, shall be at the lessee’s expense. The Boone County 4-H Club, Inc. is not responsible for insuring lessee’s personal property.
The 4-H Buildings & Grounds Executive Committee is responsible for the administration of these rules. Any questions concerning rules or usage of the facilities should be referred to the Boone County Extension Office, 765-482-0750.
FAILING TO OBSERVE THE FOREGOING RULES WILL FORFEIT YOUR RIGHT TO USE THE FACILITIES.